Here are some Hypnobabies Class FAQs
Q) Should I take a Hypnobabies group class or do the Home-Study course?
A) Our Hypnobabies Home-Study Course has been used with great success by hundreds of thousands of pregnant students all over the world. It contains all of the basic Hypnobabies natural childbirth curriculum, hypnosis scripts and cues. However, we do suggest that anyone who lives near one of our instructors take our Hypnobabies Hypnobirthing group class with a certified Hypnobabies Instructor (HCHI) since our classes are so comprehensive and detailed! ***Please note: our Hypnobabies Instructors can only teach students inside their own geographical area!
The benefits of attending a group Hypnobabies Class include:
- More detailed information on every subject.
- Your questions answered by our instructors who are knowledgeable about childbirth, and trained in hypnosis.
- 5 Hypnobabies scripts in a booklet for use in daily Hypnobabies practice.
- Demonstrations of all Hypnobabies hypnosis techniques.
- Depth assessment of each student’s hypnosis levels by the Hypnobabies instructor.
- Phone consultations with your Hypnobabies Instructor.
- Prenatal exercise demonstrations and practice.
- Hands-on training for Birth Partners, who receive a “Birth Partner’s Guide” booklet for use during birthing, and their own Birth Partner’s “Relax & Feel Confident” hypnosis audio track.
- In-depth explanations, demonstrations and practice of the “Abdominal Lift & Tuck” to avoid back labor, and to encourage a posterior baby to turn.
- Optimal Fetal Positioning explanations and demonstrations to help prevent posterior presentation.
- A Birth Rehearsal in Class # 6, which is invaluable for helping each pregnant Hypno-student fully understand and experience their Hypnobabies techniques in a simulated birthing scenario; complete with birth balls, various birthing positions, walking and communicating while in hypnosis, etc. The Birth Rehearsal is also great practice for the Birth Partner to use their deepening cues and other techniques that help their pregnant partner so wonderfully during labor. This helps build the confidence level of both partners tremendously.
- New Family & Baby Care information, which includes postpartum care, new baby care, breastfeeding, bonding and more.
And……from one of our Hypnobabies Instructors:
“I would add FUN!!! A lot of kidding and just plain silliness happens in my Hypnobabies classes. Camaraderie is not to be underestimated. Generally, I have noticed that some of the birth partners show up to Class One and exhibit the body language/attitude of “OHMIGOSH! …what has my wife gotten me into now?!”
The classroom setting, and the community that develops with other couples, helps them to see that they are not alone in this “different” way to help their partner have their baby. It is helpful to hypno-dads/birth partners to see that Hypnobabies can be beautiful and effective, and also make childbirth enjoyable for everyone.”
Q) What is the difference between Hypnobabies and the typical “hypno-birthing” class?
A) There are many differences, and we invite you to visit our unique Class Benefits page for information on this very important question
Q) When should I start Hypnobabies Classes?
A) Anytime! Some people take classes early in their pregnancy, and practicing Hypnobabies helps them to be relaxed, comfortable and confident for the rest of their pregnancies. Others start later, at 6 or 7 months, when they know they are ready to devote the time needed daily to practicing.
Q) Can my Birth Partner come to Hypnobabies Class with me?
A) Yes! We teach the Birth Partner right along with our Hypno-Moms. They learn what hypnosis is, (they experience it in class and get their own Birth Partner’s hypnosis audio track, to keep them calm and relaxed about pregnancy and childbirth!), and how to support their partners during pregnancy, the birthing itself, and even after the baby comes. They participate fully in each class, and with each hypnosis script during practices 3 times each week at home.
Q) Will I be able to move around, and be awake and aware of my body and my baby during my labor, if I use hypnosis?
A) Absolutely! Being in Hypnobabies unique “Eyes-Open Childbirth Hypnosis” is not like being asleep or detached from the sensations of your baby’s birth. You are awake and aware of everything going on around you, and you experience baby’s every movement. You remain deeply in hypnosis, confident and calm, even while moving and changing positions. Your Hypnobabies hypno-anesthesia allows you to experience all the power of childbirth without the discomfort.
Q) How does Hypnosis for Childbirth work?
A) Short version: Like computer data entry. If you want to create a document to use later, you open one, enter the text and save the contents in a “file”, then give the file a name. Later, when you want to edit that document, you find the file name and open it, add to the document text and save it again. When you are completely finished with your document, you find the file by its name, complete and ready to print out for your use.
In Hypnobabies, our “files” are our medical-grade, somnambulistic hypno-anesthesia “scripts” in the form of hypnosis audio tracks and written scripts, and all you have to do is listen to them. In doing so, you train your inner mind, just like entering text, what to accept. Each week, you add a little bit of training, just like the text in your document, and your inner mind creates a new belief system about childbirth.
It accepts that the normal birthing sensations you will have when you give birth; pushing, pulling, stretching, pressure sensations, will indeed be there, but with less or no discomfort attached to them. You train your inner mind to accept cues and techniques that will bring you deeper into relaxation and hypnosis, and when you use them on your birthing day, just like printing out your document, they are there for you automatically! Your mind is very powerful and is capable of creating the deepest physical relaxation possible as well as a very comfortable birthing experience. Use it!
A) Long version: Download our free “What is Hypnobabies Hypnosis for Childbirth?” audio track, with an explanation of what hypnosis and Hypnobabies are, and a very special gift – our free “Instantly Calm” Hypnosis Session, which allows you to actually experience deep relaxation and a very pleasant hypnotic state, as well as learn a special cue that trains you to become calm and relaxed in any situation, a special cue which you can use for the rest of your life!
PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT NO ONE OTHER THAN CERTIFIED HYPNOBABIES INSTRUCTORS CAN TEACH A HYPNOBABIES CLASS OF *ANY* KIND! Always check our Find a Hypnobabies Class page to make certain that your “instructor” is actually a highly trained, Certified Hypnobabies Instructor. Anyone offering Hypnobabies Classes of any kind that is not listed on our Find a Hypnobabies Class page is NOT certified by Hypnobabies to teach our Hypnobabies program, and is therefore conducting illegal activity by duplicating copyrighted materials and offering information that is not authorized by Hypnobabies Inc.