Q) Does everyone need to have Skype interview with Hypnobabies’ Program Coordinator before being accepted into the Hypnobabies Instructor Training program?
We are now conducting our Training Interviews by Skype so that each applicant can see as well as hear the dedicated team members who conduct the interviews, and have more information to determine if teaching Hypnobabies is right for them. It allows us here at Hpnobabies to conduct a more personal interview with each applicant and get to know you better.
Q) I’m a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Does that satisfy the Childbirth background requirements?
A) Yes, anyone with an L&D nursing background is eligible to apply.
A) Yes, and you will need to satisfy the requirements for both Childbirth and Hypnosis training. Those who have no background in childbirth can become trained by a doula organization, or take our Introduction to Childbirth Class, which is always held the day before each 4 day Hypnobabies Instructor Training.
Q) I currently teach another kind of “hypnobirthing” course. Can I also teach Hypnobabies?
A) No. Although we *do* accept HypnoBirthing, Hyp-Birth or other “hypno-birth” instructors (who want to switch programs) into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, they cannot teach any other “hypno-birth” type of class or course than Hypnobabies after they have become certified with our organization.
Q) Where can I find a doula training organization?
A) There are many, but the main 3 organizations training doulas in the US are:
- Doulas of North America – DONA
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association – CAPPA
- Association of Labor Assistants & Childbirth Educators/now called: ToLabor – ALACE
A) To satisfy the Hypnosis Background requirements for our training, you need to complete one of the following :
1) Before your Skype interview, you need to have taken an approved 50 hour hypnosis course in your area from a reputable hypnosis school (approved by Hypnobabies – please e-mail us for approval before you register for any hypnosis course). Some are 5 – 6 day courses, and some are 4 day courses with extra homework. They range in cost from around $500- $1800. You’ll provide to us a copy of your training certificate, and Hypnotherapy *certification* is not
required. You can find a school by doing a web search for hypnosis schools.
2) Take our Hypnobabies Introduction to Hypnosis Self-Study Course: a cost-effective yet very professional course with excellent content on the basics of hypnosis, including hands-on practice. Cost: $350.00.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have *not fully completed* 50 hours of hypnosis training with an approved (by Hypnobabies) hypnosis course by the time we conduct your Skype Interview, you are required to take our Hypnobabies Introduction to Hypnosis Self-Study Course; see above.
Q) Do you have a local hotel with discount rates for those flying in to the training?
A) Yes, our training is held at a hotel with special Hypnobabies group discount rates, free breakfast and Internet service as well as other amenities. After you are accepted into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, you are provided with help and support for finding airports, shuttle services, restaurants, local attractions, etc. We also have a Trainees Facebook group and Roommate List, where you can request to be paired up with another trainee for your hotel stay, to help defray your costs. (Most of our out-of town trainees choose this option, if they have not come with their family for a vacation!)
Q) What does my $1295.00 Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee cover? Will I have to buy anything else to become certified, after my training is finished?
A) Included in your Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee are the following materials which you will need for the training process and to begin teaching Hypnobabies with:
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Manual
- 6 Instructor Hypnosis Scripts
- Quick Reference Guide and Birth Partner’s Guide Booklets
- Our “Teaching Hypnobabies” Manual
- All Hypnobabies Course audio tracks (18)
- Approximately 115 handouts
- Our Hypnobabies Press Kit
- Our Hypnobabies Power of Birth Language Online Course ($145.00 value)
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Certification Fee
- Your Instructor Listing Fee, for inclusion on Hypnobabies’ “Find a Hypnobabies Class” page. (upon completion of certification)
- A free listing on our “Find a Hypno-Doula” page for qualified doulas. (upon completion of certification)
- Resource Links for Birthing your Hypnobabies Business
- Our Hypnobabies Uterus Poster
- 1 Hypnobabies Class DVD
- Your “Hypnobabies Instructor Confidence” hypnosis session and affirmations tracks on MP3
- 3 Hypnobabies Student Sets ($171.00 value) These are the full sets of materials that all Hypnobabies Instructors need to provide for each Hypnobabies Student/Couple, to start you off teaching.
- A package of Hypnobabies marketing materials. These are your materials that you will use to begin marketing your Hypnobabies classes and teach your first three Hypnobabies Students.
Q) When my Hypnobabies Instructor Training is finished, what is the Certification Process and how long will it take?
A) You will complete our Certification Exam after you have taken our Hypnobabies Instructor Training and pass with a score of 90% to become a Certified Hypnobabies Instructor. It is a three part process:
3) You will also sign our Hypnobabies Instructor Contract which states that you will uphold Hypnobabies’ Standards, Policies and Code of Ethics, and teach our wonderful course as directed, with integrity, etc.
**You have 6 months from the last day of your Hypnobabies Instructor Training to complete our certification process.
Q) What do I need to do now to start applying for the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program?
A) Before completing an Online Application for our Hypnobabies Instructor Training, make sure to complete your Training Interview Checklist:
1) Have you viewed our Hypnobabies Instructor Training FAQs Webinar?
2) Have you researched your state/province/country’s specific laws regarding the practice of using or performing hypnosis or hypnotherapy and/or calling yourself a “hypnotist”? Since there are hypnosis sessions conducted in Hypnobabies classes, it is your responsibility to find out what the laws are in your state/province/country/county or area before applying to the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program. If your state/province/county/country or area prohibits hypnosis or hypnotherapy (with restrictions that include your hypnosis training and/or Hypnobabies training or practice), you may not apply to our Hypnobabies Instructor Training. Call your state and local hypnosis/hypnotherapy and government organizations to find out the hypnosis laws in your area before applying to our program.
3) Do you already have a complete understanding of our Hypnobabies Childbirth Education Program; our hypnosis techniques, course curriculum, student materials and philosophy?
4) Have you already cleared your calendar for our training days of April 1 – 4, 2016?
5) Have you already made arrangements for childcare for your children during our training days (if applicable)
6) Have you already made financial arrangements to pay for your:
• Training Deposit? ($750.00)
• Belly Mapping Workbook? ($16.95)
• Hypnosis Course if needed? ($350)
• Introduction to Childbirth Class if needed? ($175.00)
7) Are you prepared to register and pay your fees within 30 days of your Skype Interview?
8) Do you have your Skype ID ready, and have a computer with working camera and speakers?
If you need more information, please fee free to call us at 714-894-BABY (2229). You may also e-mail us.