Welcome! We’re so glad that you are interested in joining our Hypnobabies Instructor Team: you’ll love it. Our next public 5-day Hypnobabies Instructor Training will be held April 29 – May 2 (In-person portion) in Denver, Colorado, and one additional day of Online Training Saturday, May 7, 2022. We’d love to have you join us and bring Hypnobabies classes (and a much easier way to give birth) to the families in your community!
Below are some FAQs about our Hypnobabies Instructor Training process, and if you have more questions, please feel free to join our Facebook Hypnobabies Instructor Training Info Group where we can answer them immediately. Ready to fill out your 2022 Training Application? Click here
Hypnotherapists -thank you for your interest, however we are no longer accepting hypnotherapists into our Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Instructor Training. Trainees need to be birth workers or a Hypno-mom/student. If you are a hypnotherapist *and* a trained birth professional or a Hypno-mom/student, you may apply.
Q) What are the daily hours of the Hypnobabies Instructor Training?
A) Thurs – Mon, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Mountain Time, with 3-4 short breaks and 75 minutes for lunch.
Q) Do you have a local hotel with discount rates for those flying in to the training?
A) Yes, our training for those attending in person is held at a hotel with special Hypnobabies group discount rates ($109 a night – a *great* rate for Denver!), free breakfast and Internet service as well as other amenities. After you are accepted into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, you are provided with help and support for finding airports, shuttle services, restaurants, local attractions, etc. We also have a Trainees Facebook group and Roommate List, where you can request to be paired up with another trainee for your hotel stay, to help defray your costs. ***Please note – ALL Hypnobabies Instructor Trainees are *required* to stay at our venue hotel to ensure that everyone arrives on time to class each morning!***
Q: Will attendance rules be the same for Online Class on May 7, 2022 as for the in-person portion of the Training?
A: YES. All Trainees will need to commit to attending the Online Class – Saturday, May 7, 2022 portion of our Hypnobabies Training via our streaming service, have their cameras on the entire time, take notes, participate when asked to, and attend alone and undisturbed, just like our in-person portion of the Training, with no family members or other viewers or disturbances in the room. That means having childcare for any babies or children in the house, and backup for any doula/midwifery commitments (see below).
Q) Will the Hypnobabies Instructor Training ever be a fully online event?
A) NO, we attempted that in 2021 and it was … extremely challenging for everyone involved.
Q) I am a doula (or midwife) and I may have some clients who are due to give birth around the time of our Instructor Training. Can I be excused to go attend a birth?
A) No. If you are a doula or a midwife or anyone who is normally “on-call”, attending all days of our Hypnobabies Instructor Training is required – everyone needs to be in class every minute of all class times, including the Online portion, May 7, 2022. That means that doulas/midwives/others will need to have a firm backup for their clients so they don’t miss any part of our Hypnobabies Instructor Training. Since the entire Training is live, we will be unable to provide any form of makeup time so missing a class session or a part of one is not possible.
Q) I am from outside the United States. Can I attend as well? I really want to become a certified Hypnobabies Instructor!
A) Yes, and … International (outside of the US) attendees: before you apply, please note that for a certified Hypnobabies Instructor to teach any Hypnobabies classes she needs to order one full printed set of Student Materials supplies for each student/couple she teaches from us here at Hypnobabies in Southern CA. That means shipping them to the instructor, and it can become expensive for international instructors. There is no option for instructors to use online/digital Hypnobabies Student Materials due to copyright and trademark issues, so shipping is the only option. Just letting you know!
Q) Are there any rules for how many couples we can teach in a Hypnobabies class?
A) Hypnobabies Instructors May Teach:
1) Group Hypnobabies Childbirth Classes of up to 6 couples per class, and Instructors may charge no more than $500. per couple or single mom/student total, which includes the course deposit and materials fee. ***Please note: Due to the virus, at THIS time and until further notice, all Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis group, private and H.S.A. classes are taught by certified Hypnobabies Instructors ONLINE only, by Zoom, etc. There are NO “in person” Hypnobabies classes allowed to be taught anywhere until it is safe to do so, and we will announce when that is the case. By the time our 2022 Instructor Training begins, this rule will likely be rescinded. Instructors are also only allowed to teach Hypnobabies classes to students in their own areas so that it will be fair to all.***
2) Private Hypnobabies Childbirth Classes are one couple only, and Hypnobabies does not limit the private class fee.
Q) I’m a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Does that satisfy the Childbirth background requirements?
A) Yes, anyone with an L&D (or other) nursing background has completed the Childbirth background requirements for our Instructor Training.
Q) I’m a prenatal massage therapist, (or prenatal yoga instructor, prenatal exercise instructor, a chiropractor specializing in pregnancy, Hypno-mom, etc.) and am very impassioned to bring Hypnobabies to my community. Can I apply to this program?
A) Yes, and you will need to satisfy the requirements for both Childbirth and Hypnosis training. Those who have no background in childbirth education will need to complete our Hypnobabies Online Introduction to Childbirth Workshop. Hypnosis requirements information is below.
Q) What are my Instructor Training Pre-requisites, and when do they need to be completed?
A) The following requirements will be completed *after* you apply, complete your Hypnobabies Zoom interview, and complete your full Training Registration. They are all due to be completed by April 1, 2022. They are provided for FREE for each fully registered Instructor Trainee who is required to complete them, so please read carefully; not all of the following are required for each Trainee:
- Hypnobabies online Power of Birth Language Course and review form (required for all Trainees)
- Spinning Babies Belly Mapping workbook and review form (required for all Trainees)
- Hypnobabies online Introduction to Childbirth Workshop (for Trainees who are not already a CBE, doula, or nurse)
- Hypnobabies Intro to Hypnosis Course (for Trainees who do not already have 50 hours of hypnosis training by the time of their Zoom interview)
Q) Tell me about the Online Introduction to Childbirth Workshop (for Trainees who are not already a CBE, doula, or nurse)!
A) This workshop is FREE with your paid Training Registration Deposit (for those who are required to take it), and is completed online at your convenience, with slides, videos, and PDFs. It introduces you to the basics of childbirth education, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum, including undisturbed birth and complicated births. It must be completed by 4 weeks before our Hypnobabies Instructor Training begins. There are quizzes throughout the course, and you will receive a notice when it has been completed with a 90% correct score. It’s fun!
Q) I don’t already have any hypnosis training, so tell me about the Hypnobabies Intro to Hypnosis Course that I will be taking to satisfy that Training Requirement.
A) This course is FREE with your paid Training Registration Deposit (for those who are required to take it), and is completed at your convenience, however it must be completed by 4 weeks before our Hypnobabies Instructor Training begins. It’s fun to learn and easy to complete, and includes the following materials:
Part One: Hypnosis Textbook.
Part Two: Hypnosis Audio Track
Part Three: Introduction to Hypnosis Video Series
As you journey through the course, you’ll complete your Introduction to Hypnosis Course Review Form and turn it in to Hypnobabies by e-mail.
Q) I currently teach another kind of childbirth education course. Can I also teach Hypnobabies?
A) Yes, with the exception of any other “hypno-birthing” type courses/classes/education (see below).
Q) I know you no longer accept hypnotherapists who are not birth workers or Hypno-moms into your Hypnobabies Instructor Training, but I am a birth worker (or Hypno-mom) who already has (at least) 50 hours of hypnosis training. Do I have to take your Intro to Hypnosis Course anyway?
A) No, you’ll simply need to provide us with a copy of your hypnosis training certificate from a reputable hypnosis school, showing your completed training hours.
Q) I currently teach another kind of “hypnobirthing” course. Can I also teach Hypnobabies?
A) No. Although we *do* accept HypnoBirthing, Hyp-Birth, CalmBirth or other “hypno-birth” instructors (who want to switch programs) into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, they cannot teach any other “hypno-birth” type of class or course than Hypnobabies after they have become trained by Hypnobabies.
Q) What does my Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee cover? Will I have to buy anything else to become certified, after my training is finished?
A) Included in your Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee are the following materials which you will need for the training process and to begin teaching Hypnobabies with:
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Manual
- Your Instructor Hypnosis Scripts Booklet
- Your Quick Reference/Birth Partner’s Guide and Home-Play Booklets
- Your “Teaching Hypnobabies” Manual
- Many handout pages – Student and Instructor
- Our Hypnobabies Power of Birth Language Online Course ($145.00 value)
- The Spinning Babies Belly Mapping Workbook ($14.95 value)
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Certification Fee
- Your Instructor Listing Fee, for inclusion on Hypnobabies’ “Find a Hypnobabies Class” page. (upon completion of certification)
- A free listing on our “Find a Hypno-Doula” page (upon completion of Instructor certification)
- Free Resource Links for Birthing your Hypnobabies Business
- All Hypnobabies Class Videos and many other Instructor Resources
- Your (2) “Hypnobabies Instructor Confidence” hypnosis session and affirmations tracks on MP3
- A sample package of Hypnobabies marketing materials. These are your materials that you will use to begin marketing your Hypnobabies classes with!
There is nothing else to buy to become certified, however we do have a Certification Process; see below.
Q) When my Hypnobabies Instructor Training is finished, what is the Certification Process?
3) You will also sign your Hypnobabies Instructor Contract which states that you will uphold Hypnobabies’ Standards, Policies and Code of Ethics, and teach our wonderful course as directed, with integrity, etc.
A) Each Hypnobabies Student Set is $60 and contains *everything* needed (and allowed; no other materials can be added) for each Hypnobabies Student/couple you teach:
- The Hypnobabies Student Workbook
- The Student Home-Play/Scripts Booklet
- The Quick Reference/Birth Partner Guide Booklet
- 20 Student Handouts
- All 20 Hypnobabies audio tracks
A) Before completing your Online Application for our Hypnobabies Instructor Training, make sure to complete your Training Interview Checklist:
1) Have you read all of the FAQs on this page and gotten all of your questions answered? If you still have questions, feel free to join our Facebook Hypnobabies Instructor Training Info Group and ask them! We are here to help.
2) Have you researched your state/province/country’s specific laws regarding the practice of using or performing hypnosis or hypnotherapy and/or calling yourself a “hypnotist”? Since there are hypnosis sessions conducted in Hypnobabies classes, it is your responsibility to find out what the laws are in your state/province/country/county or area before applying to the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program. If your state/province/county/country or area prohibits hypnosis or hypnotherapy (with restrictions that include your hypnosis training and/or Hypnobabies training or practice), you may not apply to our Hypnobabies Instructor Training. Call your state and local hypnosis/hypnotherapy and government organizations to find out the hypnosis laws in your area before applying to our program.
You may also want to do additional Internet research for the most recent state/province and/or country hypnosis laws and regulations for your area at sites such as the Canadian Union of Professional Hypnotherapists or the US Hypnotherapists Union.
3) Do you already have a complete understanding of our Hypnobabies Childbirth Education Program; our hypnosis techniques, course curriculum, student materials and philosophy? If not, you may be required to complete our Hypno-Doula Training Course*after* full registration and before Training begins. You will be provided with a generous discount as well.
4) Have you already cleared your calendar for our training days of April 29 – May 2 (in-person portion) and Saturday, May 7 (online class day), 2022?
5) Have you already made arrangements for childcare for your children during our training days (if applicable)
6) Have you already made financial arrangements to pay for your:
• Training Deposit? ($500.00, paid at Training Registration, *after* your Zoom Interview, and not on your Application. The Application process is only $29.)
• Training Balance? ($995 – must be paid in full by April 1, 2022)
7) Are you prepared to register and pay your Training Deposit Fee within 21 days of your Zoom Interview?
8) Do you have a computer or other device with working camera, mic and speakers?
9) Do you understand that you will need to attend all 5 days of this Hypnobabies Instructor Training – 4 days In-person and then 1 Online Class day with your video camera on, alone and undisturbed so that you can focus intently on the information you are being taught, participate when requested to do so, and take notes?