Welcome! We’re so glad that you are interested in joining our Hypnobabies Instructor Team: you’ll love it. Due to the Covid-19 virus, our next public Hypnobabies Instructor Training has been rescheduled to the April 29 – May 3, 2021 in Denver, Colorado. We’d love to have you join us and bring Hypnobabies classes (and a much easier way to give birth!) to the families in your community! This Training is now filled, so registration is closed. If you’d like to be on our waiting list, please e-mail us at Director@Hypnobabies.com .
Below are some FAQs about our Hypnobabies Instructor training process, and if you have more questions, please feel free to join our Facebook Hypnobabies Instructor Training Info Group where we can answer them immediately. Ready to fill out your 2021 Training Application? This Training is now filled, so registration is closed. If you’d like to be on our waiting list, please e-mail us at Director@Hypnobabies.com .
Hypnotherapists -thank you for your interest, however we are no longer accepting hypnotherapists into our Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Instructor Training. Trainees need to be birth workers or a Hypno-mom. If you are a trained birth professional or a Hypno-mom *and* have at least 50 hours of training in hypnosis, we will accept your application!
Q) What are the daily hours of the Hypnobabies Instructor Training?
A) Thurs – Mon, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, with 3-4 short breaks and 75 minutes for lunch.
Q) Do you have a local hotel with discount rates for those flying in to the training?
A) Yes, our training is held at a hotel with special Hypnobabies group discount rates ($109 a night – a *great* rate for Denver!), free breakfast and Internet service as well as other amenities. After you are accepted into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, you are provided with help and support for finding airports, shuttle services, restaurants, local attractions, etc. We also have a Trainees Facebook group and Roommate List, where you can request to be paired up with another trainee for your hotel stay, to help defray your costs. (Most of our out-of-town trainees choose this option, if they have not come with their family for a vacation!)
Q: Can a breastfeeding mom attend the Hypnobabies Training?
A: Yes – we love babies … and although they can’t come into our classroom during class time, there will be several breaks during the day when babies can be nursed and cuddled. Classroom segments are never more than two hours long, and pumping breastmilk in class is allowed as long as it is brief and quiet.
Q: Can I bring my entire family/children to the training?
A: Some trainees do bring young children and babies to our Instructor Trainings, however they cannot be in our classroom until break times, so those Trainees must bring a caregiver to take care of their children during the day and in the evening when homework is being completed.
Q) Are there any rules for how many couples we can teach in a Hypnobabies class?
A) Hypnobabies Instructors May Teach:
1) Group Hypnobabies Childbirth Classes of up to 6 couples per class, and Instructors may charge no more than $500. per couple or single mom total, which includes the course deposit and materials fee.
2) Private Hypnobabies Childbirth Classes are one couple only, and Hypnobabies does not limit the private class fee.
Q) I’m a Labor and Delivery Nurse. Does that satisfy the Childbirth background requirements?
A) Yes, anyone with an L&D (or other) nursing background has completed the Childbirth background requirements for our Instructor Training.
Q) I’m a prenatal massage therapist, (or prenatal yoga instructor, prenatal exercise instructor, a chiropractor specializing in pregnancy, Hypno-mom, etc.) and am very impassioned to bring Hypnobabies to my community. Can I apply to this program?
A) Yes, and you will need to satisfy the requirements for both Childbirth and Hypnosis training. Those who have no background in childbirth education will need to complete our Hypnobabies Online Introduction to Childbirth Workshop. Hypnosis requirements information is below.
Q) Tell me about the Online Introduction to Childbirth Workshop (for Trainees who are not already a CBE, doula, or nurse)!
A) This course is paid for during your Training Registration $175 (not your application, which comes first) and is completed online at your convenience, with slides, videos, and PDFs, and it introduces you to the basics of childbirth education, pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum, including undisturbed birth and complicated births. It must be completed by 2 weeks before our Hypnobabies Instructor Training begins. There are quizzes throughout the course, and you will receive a notice when it has been completed with a 90% correct score. It’s fun!
Q) I don’t already have any hypnosis training, so tell me about the Hypnobabies Intro to Hypnosis Course that I will be taking to satisfy that Training Requirement.
A) This course is normally $250.00, but for our 2021 public Training you can get your Introduction to Hypnosis Course for free with your paid Registration Deposit!
It’s fun to learn and easy to complete, and includes the following materials:
Part One: Hypnosis Textbook.
Part Two: Hypnosis Audio Track
Part Three: Introduction to Hypnosis Video Series
As you journey through the course, you’ll complete your Introduction to Hypnosis Course Review Form and turn it in to Hypnobabies by e-mail.
A) Yes, with the exception of any other “hypno-birthing” type courses/classes/education (see below).
Q) I know you no longer accept hypnotherapists who are not birth workers or Hypno-moms into your Hypnobabies Instructor Training, but I am a birth worker (or Hypno-mom) who already has 50 hours of hypnosis training. Do I have to take your Intro to Hypnosis Course anyway?
A) No, you’ll simply need to provide us with a copy of your hypnosis training certificate from a reputable hypnosis school, showing your training hours.
Q) I currently teach another kind of “hypnobirthing” course. Can I also teach Hypnobabies?
A) No. Although we *do* accept HypnoBirthing, Hyp-Birth, CalmBirth or other “hypno-birth” instructors (who want to switch programs) into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, they cannot teach any other “hypno-birth” type of class or course than Hypnobabies after they have become trained by Hypnobabies.
Q) What does my Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee cover? Will I have to buy anything else to become certified, after my training is finished?
A) Included in your Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee are the following materials which you will need for the training process and to begin teaching Hypnobabies with:
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Manual
- Your Instructor Hypnosis Scripts Booklet
- Your Quick Reference Guide and Birth Partner’s Guide Booklets
- Your “Teaching Hypnobabies” Manual
- All Hypnobabies Course audio tracks (19)
- Approximately 75 handout pages – Student and Instructor
- Our Hypnobabies Power of Birth Language Online Course ($145.00 value)
- The Spinning Babies Belly Mapping Workbook ($16.95 value)
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Certification Fee
- Your Instructor Listing Fee, for inclusion on Hypnobabies’ “Find a Hypnobabies Class” page. (upon completion of certification)
- A free listing on our “Find a Hypno-Doula” page for qualified doulas. (upon completion of Instructor certification)
- Free Resource Links for Birthing your Hypnobabies Business
- All Hypnobabies Class Videos
- Your (2) “Hypnobabies Instructor Confidence” hypnosis session and affirmations tracks on MP3
- 2 Hypnobabies Student Sets ($120.00 value) These are the full sets of materials that all Hypnobabies Instructors need to provide for each Hypnobabies Student/Couple, to start you off teaching.
- A package of Hypnobabies marketing materials. These are your materials that you will use to begin marketing your Hypnobabies classes and teach your first Hypnobabies Students.
There is nothing else to buy when your training is finished, however we do have a Certification Process; see below.
Q) When my Hypnobabies Instructor Training is finished, what is the Certification Process?
A) You will complete your Certification Exam after you have taken your Hypnobabies Instructor Training and pass with a score of 90% to become a Certified Hypnobabies Instructor. It is a three part process:
3) You will also sign your Hypnobabies Instructor Contract which states that you will uphold Hypnobabies’ Standards, Policies and Code of Ethics, and teach our wonderful course as directed, with integrity, etc.
Important: You have 4 months from the last day of your Hypnobabies Instructor Training to complete our certification process.
Q) What do I need to do now to start applying for the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program? This Training is now filled, so registration is closed. If you’d like to be on our waiting list, please e-mail us at Director@Hypnobabies.com .
A) Before completing your Online Application for our Hypnobabies Instructor Training, make sure to complete your Training Interview Checklist:
1) Have you read all of the FAQs on this page and gotten all of your questions answered? If you still have questions, feel free to join our Facebook Hypnobabies Instructor Training Info Group and ask them! We are here to help.
2) Have you researched your state/province/country’s specific laws regarding the practice of using or performing hypnosis or hypnotherapy and/or calling yourself a “hypnotist”? Since there are hypnosis sessions conducted in Hypnobabies classes, it is your responsibility to find out what the laws are in your state/province/country/county or area before applying to the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program. If your state/province/county/country or area prohibits hypnosis or hypnotherapy (with restrictions that include your hypnosis training and/or Hypnobabies training or practice), you may not apply to our Hypnobabies Instructor Training. Call your state and local hypnosis/hypnotherapy and government organizations to find out the hypnosis laws in your area before applying to our program.
You may also want to do additional Internet research for the most recent state/province and/or country hypnosis laws and regulations for your area at sites such as the Canadian Union of Professional Hypnotherapists or the Hypnotherapists Union.
3) Do you already have a complete understanding of our Hypnobabies Childbirth Education Program; our hypnosis techniques, course curriculum, student materials and philosophy?
4) Have you already cleared your calendar for our training days of (dates to be added soon)?
5) Have you already made arrangements for childcare for your children during our training days (if applicable)
6) Have you already made financial arrangements to pay for your:
• Training Deposit? ($500.00)
• Hypnobabies Self-study Hypnosis Course, if needed? (normally $250, but now free for our 2021 Training)
• Introduction to Childbirth Workshop, if needed? ($175.00) (normally $175, but now free for our 2021 Training)
7) Are you prepared to register and pay your fees within 30 days of your Skype Interview?
8) Do you have your Skype ID ready, and have a computer or other device with working camera and speakers?