Our Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Training Program is now online and available for midwives and doulas to complete at your convenience. It is now a bundled course that includes your online Training Course and Exam, and (upon completion of our Hypno-Doula exam with a 90% correct score) 6 important Hypnobabies CDs, a Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Certificate and a free professional Hypno-Doula listing in our Find a Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Directory.
Our Hypno-Doula Training Course was created for both doulas and midwives, and is designed to provide birth attendants with the tools which most effectively support mothers and their partners who are using Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis (and other birth-hypnosis programs) to prepare for their baby’s birth. Our training course is completed online, and includes a Hypno-Doula Exam which will be e-mailed to you.
Learning about hypnosis and how it is used to create physical comfort for natural childbirth and instill emotional confidence as well as eliminate fear is invaluable to all birth hypnosis families. Included with your Hypno-Doula Specialty Training Course are 4 pages of Hypnobabies verbal prompts to use with your birthing Hypnobabies moms (to help keep them deeply in hypnosis as they give birth). You also receive a special “hypno-birthing” CD to help your (other) hypno-birth clients to enter hypnosis instantly, (Entering Hypnosis with a Special Word Cue) and the same hypnosis script on paper for direct use with clients during prenatal meetings for a more personal approach.
As you know, each birth…each woman is unique, and when you begin to nurture your Hypno-clients through an easier and more comfortable childbirth, everyone will appreciate the time you took to learn these new skills. Your Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Specialty Training includes:
Your Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Training online course which teaches you:
- What childbirth hypnosis is and how it is used during pregnancy, labor and birth
- The parts of your mind and what they are used for
- The differences between hypnosis and guided imagery
- The differences between real somnambulistic hypnosis and deep relaxation
- The 3 elements that make Hypnobabies birth so easy and comfortable
- Myths and misconceptions about Hypnobabies
- Learning your Hypno-Doula client’s hypno-techniques
- How a client’s history affects her birth hypnosis experience
- How hypnosis affects your client’s belief systems, emotions and physiological responses
- How a client’s dominant sense(s) can interpret her birth experience
- The power of encouraging language to impact and influence birth outcomes
- The unique challenges and needs of a Hypno-birthing couple
- The specific/purposeful and encouraging language used for birth hypnosis
- Does Hypnobabies work for everyone?
- Why Hypnobabies moms need to Embrace only ONE Belief System
- Preparing the mind and body for birth, hypno-style
- Hypnobabies materials and how they are used
- Eyes-Open Childbirth Hypnosis explained
- How Hypnobabies teaches birth empowerment and childbirth education
- How to assess your client’s hypnotic depth and hypno-anesthesia
- Strategies for encouraging your Hypno-Doula clients to practice well and often
- Hypnotic Deepening cues and techniques for the Hypnobabies mom
- Fear Clearing hypnosis sessions and Physical Comfort cues and techniques
- Instant cues for entering hypnosis – invaluable!
- Birth ball techniques that help all hypno-moms
- Detailed information for midwives attending Hypnobabies births
- Helping hospital caregivers at a hypno-birth: reactions and solutions
- Facilitating a full Hypnobabies birth rehearsal
- Hypno-tools and techniques for all stages of the Birthing Time
- Hypnobabies verbal birth prompts for keeping our moms in hypnosis, deeply relaxed and comfortable during birthing waves, in-between waves, beginning to push, and pushing baby out
You also receive SIX detailed, invaluable handouts:
1) Hypnobabies Birthing Rehearsal 2) Power Language for Birth Professionals 3) Serving Hypnobabies Doula Clients Hints and Tips 4) The Birthing Time Materials and Techniques 5) Verbal Birth Prompts 6) Entering Hypnosis with a Special Word Cue Script
Also included are SIX very important Hypnobabies CDs:
- “Entering Hypnosis with a Word Cue” CD Included with this CD is a hypnosis script entitled “Special Word Cue”. These can both be used with your other hypno-birthing clients (not Hypnobabies students, since they have everything they need in their course.) to help them have a way to enter hypnosis easily and quickly. You can read the corresponding script to the Hypno-birthing mom during a client visit, and/or lend them the CD to listen to every day until their baby is born, and they can use it in labor as well. (Then make sure to get it back!)
- “Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations” CD Studies show that listening to positive affirmations on a daily basis alters our “self-talk” and therefore our belief systems. Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations are very powerful because they keep the expectant mom’s mind focused on positive messages about pregnancy, birth preparation, an easier, more comfortable childbirth and connecting with baby. You can lend this CD out to all of your doula clients to help them become relaxed and develop a positive attitude about their pregnant bodies and their upcoming births. PLEASE NOTE: Our Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations track has no hypnotic inductions on it so it can be listened to at any time, even while driving.
- “Baby Stay IN” CD Excellent to lend to moms who are experiencing pre-term labor – this script brings moms deeply into hypnosis and helps to calm down uterine activity, has suggestions for keeping the cervix closed until at least 37 weeks gestation, (or until it is safest for baby to come out) and allows moms to communicate with their unborn baby. This helps entrain (sync) the inner mind and the mother’s body to work together towards a safe and healthy pregnancy and has helped many mothers to enjoy a full term pregnancy since the mind controls the body completely!
- “Come OUT Baby!” CD Also an excellent CD to lend out to any expectant mother (AFTER she has passed 38 weeks of pregnancy), this hypnosis track brings the mom deeply into hypnosis and directs her to relax the birthing muscles all around her baby, release fears and concerns that may be holding her back from entering labor, and let go of any *control issues*, as well as communicate with her precious baby about how much he/she is loved and wanted. It also provides powerful hypnotic suggestions that labor will start soon and be strong, effective and comfortable. Come OUT, Baby has helped many moms enter into their birthing time quickly and confidently! NOTE: This CD contains a hypnotic induction and must NOT be listened to while driving or operating machinery.
- Double-track Introduction CD:
- Track 1: “Introduction to Hypnosis for Childbirth” This track is not a hypnosis track; it contains a detailed explanation of what hypnosis is, what childbirth hypnosis is and what is included in our Hypnobabies course, for your doula clients who are interested in ”hypno-birthing”.
- Track 2: Our wildly popular “Instantly Calm” hypnosis session is excellent for anyone that is hypno-curious about what hypnosis feels like and what it’s benefits are. Daily listening allows people to experience and enjoy a powerful hypnotic state with very deep relaxation as a wonderful side-effect. They are guided to create a hypnotic cue word which (with daily listening and use/practice) can instantly dissolve frustration and anxiety during stressful situations. This is especially helpful for moms, students and commuters!
- “Doula Affirmations” CD, which was created just for doulas and midwives; those that attend birth with love and gentleness. Listen to it often and repeat your affirmations, which are one-line statements that affirm positive thoughts, emotions and subsequently, behavior. Your Doula Affirmations allow you to become and remain focused, calm and confident for your doula clients; before, during and after their babies’ births.
PLEASE NOTE: After purchase of your Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Specialty Training Course, you will receive an e-mail with the link to your online Hypno-Doula Course, and your Hypno-Doula Exam as an e-mail attachment.
Time-frame for access: You have 1/2 year of online access to this course – 26 weeks from your course start date. You will be able to download and keep your Hypno-Doula handouts and you will be sent additional ones as well as your Hypnobabies hypnosis CDs upon course completion with a 90% correct score. In addition, by joining our Facebook Hypno-Doula group, you will receive daily “Training Reminders” of this course’s content, so that you can keep your hypno-birth-assistant skills fresh!
IMPORTANT: Our Hypno-Doula online course, supplemental materials and our Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula Study Exam do not teach you or legally certify you to become a Hypnobabies Childbirth Instructor, nor do they certify you to teach any other birth hypnosis method. These materials do not legally permit you to train expectant mothers to use childbirth hypnosis, or teach any kind of childbirth class or a Hypnobabies class or course of any kind. ONLY Certified Hypnobabies Instructors are allowed to teach a Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis Class or Hypnobabies Home Study Advantage Class. You are not allowed to advertise or indicate that you are a Hypnobabies Instructor or that you teach a Hypnobabies Class of ANY kind.
For more information on becoming a certified Hypnobabies Instructor, please visit our Instructor Training page. FYI: Certified Hypnobabies Instructors (only) are allowed to teach our “Home Study Advantage Class” to Hypnobabies Home Study Students to augment their studies!
Hypnobabies’ Hypno-Doula training Program materials DO train you to assist birthing mothers who are already using childbirth hypnosis to have a much easier childbirth experience, using the Hypno-tools and techniques that they’ve already learned to the maximum benefit. Being a Hypno-Doula is so much easier, and we know you will find it rewarding. We also know that you will be fascinated by your Hypnobabies Doula client’s ability to relax deeply and use their hypnosis cues and techniques to enjoy their babies’ births.
Marilyn Richard says, ~ “I ordered the Hypno-Doula Training Bundle from Hypnobabies and was so pleased that it contains such excellent resources for me to lend out to my doula clients, and also help my hypno-clients with their hypno-births. I have even ordered more of the Introduction CDs from Hypnobabies to give out to other clients, since my clients who do Hypnobabies have the best, most calm and easy births I’ve ever seen. When you said that having my doula clients do Hypnobabies would make my job much easier, you meant it! Thanks so much!”
Become a Hypno-Doula today!