Tsedaye’s Hypnobabies Hospital Birth

Hypno-mom Tsedaye skin to skin with newborn baby.

Tsedaye’s Hypnobabies Hospital Birth

“The waves got little stronger but I wasn’t in any discomfort. So, I just got on my birthing ball and listened to my tracks Fear Clearing (Hypnobabies track to release any fear), Birthing Day Affirmations, Deepening Your Hypnosis (Hypnobabies track to deepen the level of hypnosis)).”

Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis really does help you enjoy a much easier and more comfortable birthing! Use code hypno1528 for 10% off our Hypnobabies Home Study Courses.

On June 2nd at 5:30 am I got up to go to the bathroom and a gush of fluid started running down my leg. I thought my water had broken. I woke my boyfriend up, texted my doula and told them what happened! I knew that things would probably start progressing shortly. So, I laid back down put on my Birthing Time Begins track (Hypnobabies track to remind about all tracks and techniques) and tried to go back to sleep. I started to feel mild pressure waves (Hypnobabies word for contractions) but was able to sleep through them until about 9-10 am.

The waves got little stronger but I wasn’t in any discomfort. So, I just got on my birthing ball and listened to my tracks (Fear Clearing (Hypnobabies track to release any fear), Birthing Day Affirmations, Deepening Your Hypnosis (Hypnobabies track to deepen the level of hypnosis)). I was off and on the birthing ball. Ate some food, continued to drink water and listen to my tracks. Around 3:00 I decided to lay down because my pressure waves were getting closer. They were about 5-7 mins apart so I decided to let my doula know. She told me to keep doing what I was doing and I can call the hospital just to let them know. I called them they told me if they got 2-3 mins close and a min long I should come in but until then I can stay home.

Around 6:00 pm my boyfriend was timing them and realized they were 2-3 mins apart. I wasn’t quite ready to go but he insisted. He let me take a shower before we left. And we finally left around 7:30 pm. I called the hospital to let them know and we got there around 8:00! The whole ride I listened to my tracks and kept listening to the entire time. My boyfriend did really good with answering questions for me when I had pressure waves. I got checked and was told my water didn’t break yet but my birthing time (Hypnobabies word for labor) had begun, my pressure waves were 2-3 mins apart and was 3 cm. My blood pressure was really high so they decided to put a catheter to get urine to check my protein.

They came back and told me I HAD DEVELOPED PREECLAMPSIA (never had high blood pressure my whole pregnancy). Through all the procedures I remained in and out of hypnosis and tried to stay calm even though things were not going as planned.! I was admitted even though I was only 3 cm and had to be confined to the bed because they had to check my pressure ever 10-15mins, I couldn’t eat anything or even walk around in the halls as I had planned. But I continued to listen to my tracks through the night! My blood pressure continued to seem high because every time my pressure was checked a pressure wave came.

So, by the morning my nurse told the next shift what was going on. My next nurse was really nice and told me she would come to check my pressure every 15 mins and make sure I wasn’t having a pressure wave when she did it. The new set of doctors came in and began to tell me if I had another high-pressure reading that I would have to get magnesium to lower it.! About an hour later they came in telling me how I had to get magnesium! I tried to advocate for myself and ask them to check me see how far dilated I was and give me some more time before they gave me any medication. I was checked and told I was 5cm this was at 8-9am.

Another doctor came in and told me how they really think I should get magnesium and all the risk of my pressure continues to spike (seizure, stroke, etc). So, they scared me and I said okay if this is what you all feel is the safest for me and my son. My waves were still consistent and strong but every nurse and doctor was amazed how well I was handling them. They gave me the magnesium and IT WAS THE WORST! It felt like fire was going down my veins and my whole entire body was hot. The nurse said it was normal by this time I had stopped listening to my tracks because it was so many people coming in and out and I couldn’t focus however I was still able to breathe and stay calm while having pressure waves.

They kept the magnesium on for about an hour and then came in and said someone had a good idea let’s check my urine to see if my protein was still high or was the pressure waves cause my blood pressure to spike. And IT WASN’T, so they took me off.! I was upset because I went through all this discomfort for no reason but knew that I couldn’t even focus on what they did wrong. So, I just continued to try to enjoy my birthing time. By this time, it was about 11-12 pm. My water still hadn’t broken so I began to do squats, walk around my room, got in the shower between pressure waves!

Every time a wave came I stopped and just focused, leaned on my partner and became in tune with my body. By 5:00-6:00 pm the midwife checked me again and wow I was 9 cm but my water still hadn’t broken. So, I continued to do squats and exercises to try to get it to break. This midwife was getting off at 6:45 pm. So around 7-730 pm, a new set of midwives and nurses arrived and I decided at this point that it was time to break my water. My birthing time (Hypnobabies word for labor) had been going on for about 30 plus hours at this point and tried to do everything I can do to get my water to break naturally but it just wasn’t working. So, my new midwife broke my water around 8-8:30 pm. And I immediately had the urge to start pushing. So, I put on my Pushing Baby Out track (Hypnobabies track just for pushing) and began to push! It felt like I was pushing forever!

My son was finally born at 9:54 pm and I don’t think I would have been able to go through 40 hours of birthing without Hypnobabies. Even though I stopped listening to my tracks at some point I still was able to go to my Special Safe Place and be calm through my pressure waves! Every nurse and midwife didn’t even know when I was having them but I closed my eyes every time so they got the point! Thank you Hypnobabies!