Q) Does everyone need to have Skype interview with Hypnobabies’ Program Coordinator before being accepted into the Hypnobabies Instructor Training program?
A) Yes. Kerry, our Founder and Director feels very strongly about training only people whose hearts are dedicated to making a positive impact on their community when it comes to childbirth and parenting issues! As Kerry says, Hypnobabies is not “adding a little hypno-birthing” to your current practice, childbirth class or doula meetings. Hypnobabies goes light-years beyond that and we need professionals with excellent training and personal commitment.
A) Yes, anyone with an L&D nursing background is eligible to apply.
A) Yes, and you will need to satisfy the requirements for both Childbirth and Hypnosis training. Those who have no background in childbirth can become trained by a doula organization, or take our Introduction to Childbirth Class, which is always held the day before each 4 day Hypnobabies Instructor Training.
A) No. Although we do accept HypnoBirthing, Hyp-Birth or other instructors (who want to switch programs) into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, they cannot teach any other “hypno-birth” type of class or course than Hypnobabies after they have become certified with our organization.
Q) Where can I find a doula training organization?
- Doulas of North America – DONA
- Childbirth and Postpartum Professional Association – CAPPA
- Association of Labor Assistants & Childbirth Educators/now called: ToLabor – ALACE
A) To satisfy the Hypnosis Background requirements for our training, you need to complete one of the following :
1) Before your Skype interview, you need to have taken an approved 50 hour hypnosis course in your area from a reputable hypnosis school (approved by Hypnobabies – please e-mail us for approval before you register for any hypnosis course). Some are 5 – 6 day courses, and some are 4 day courses with extra homework. They range in cost from around $500- $1800. You’ll provide to us a copy of your training certificate, and Hypnotherapy certification is not required. You can find a school by doing a web search for hypnosis schools.
2) Take our Hypnobabies Introduction to Hypnosis Self-Study Course: a cost-effective yet very professional course with excellent content on the basics of hypnosis, includng hands-on practice. Cost: $350.00.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have *not fully completed* 50 hours of hypnosis training with an approved (by Hypnobabies) hypnosis course by the time we conduct your Skype Interview, you are required to take our Hypnobabies Introduction to Hypnosis Self-Study Course; see above.
Q) Do you have a local hotel with discount rates for those flying in to the training?
A) Yes, and after you are accepted into our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, you are provided with help and support for finding airports, hotel, shuttle services, restaurants, local attractions, etc. We also have a Roommate List, where you can request to be paired up with another trainee for your hotel stay, to help defray your costs. (Most of our out-of town trainees choose this option, if they have not come with their family for a vacation!)
A) Included in your Hypnobabies Instructor Training fee are the following materials which you will need for the training process and to begin teaching Hypnobabies with:
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Manual
- 6 Instructor Hypnosis Scripts
- Quick Reference Guide and Birth Partner’s Guide Booklets
- Our “Teaching Hypnobabies” Manual
- All Hypnobabies Course audio tracks (18)
- Approximately 115 handouts
- Our Hypnobabies Press Kit
- Our Hypnobabies Power of Birth Language Online Course ($145.00 value)
- Your Hypnobabies Instructor Certification Fee
- Your Instructor Listing Fee, for inclusion on Hypnobabies’ “Find a Hypnobabies Class” page. (upon completion of certification)
- A free listing on our “Find a Hypno-Doula” page for qualified doulas. (upon completion of certification)
- Resource Links for Birthing your Hypnobabies Business
- Our Hypnobabies Uterus Poster
- 1 Hypnobabies Class DVD
- Your “Hypnobabies Instructor Confidence” hypnosis session and affirmations tracks on MP3
- 3 Hypnobabies Student Sets ($165.00 value) These are the full sets of materials that all Hypnobabies Instructors need to provide for each Hypnobabies Student/Couple.
- A package of Hypnobabies marketing materials. These are your materials that you will use to begin marketing your Hypnobabies classes and teach your first three Hypnobabies Students.
Q) When my Hypnobabies Instructor Training is finished, what is the Certification Process and how long will it take?
A) You will complete our Certification Exam after you have taken our Hypnobabies Instructor Training and pass with a score of 90% to become a Certified Hypnobabies Instructor. It is a three part process:
1) An open-book exam that consists of you using your Instructor’s manual to answer the questions in your own words. It can take several hours to complete.
**You have 6 months from the last day of your Hypnobabies Instructor Training to complete our certification process.
A) Before completing an Online Application for our Hypnobabies Instructor Training, make sure to complete your Training Interview Checklist:
2) Have you researched your state/province/country’s specific laws regarding the practice of using or performing hypnosis or hypnotherapy and/or calling yourself a “hypnotist”? Since there are hypnosis sessions conducted in Hypnobabies classes, it is your responsibility to find out what the laws are in your state/province/country/county or area before applying to the Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program. If your state/province/county/country or area prohibits hypnosis or hypnotherapy (with restrictions that include your hypnosis training and/or Hypnobabies training or practice), you may not apply to our Hypnobabies Instructor Training. Call your state and local hypnosis/hypnotherapy and government organizations to find out the hypnosis laws in your area before applying to our program.
• Training Deposit? ($550.00 if registered by November 1, 2015)
• Belly Mapping Workbook? ($16.95)
• Hypnosis Course if needed? ($350)
• Introduction to Childbirth Class if needed? ($175.00)
If you need more information, please fee free to call us