I want to thank you Hypnobabies and everybody here for all the valuable information and support. I had an awesome, very comfortable pregnancy. It was one of the best times of my life. Everybody complimented how relaxed and confident I was all the time and Hypnobabies was a big reason for my state of being. I did the program for 12 weeks and here is my angel’s birth story.

On August 26 (Wednesday), my husband and I had our 39 week appointment with our OB/GYN group. I was really dreading this appointment because previous Friday, we had our final ultrasound and the technician estimated the birth weight of our baby to be around 9 pounds. I was concerned that our doctors will force me into an early delivery and not let me go on labor on my own due to potential weight of our baby.

Since our appointments always have been pretty quick with minimal wait time, around 3.00 p.m., I left the office leaving my computer on with a bunch of stuff that I have to do before the end of the day by thinking that I will be back to office in an hour or so. To our surprise, that day we have waited for 2 hours to see the rotating doctor just to learn that our own doctor will come and talk to us about the ultrasound. At this point, I got a little bit upset and told my husband that they will play the big baby b.s. with us… When our doctor came, we talked about the size of the baby but he was supportive of my natural childbirth wishes and we decided to have a NST at our 40 week appointment. He offered to schedule an induction (I was a loose 1 cm with a favorable cervix at this point) but I refused it and told him that I want to have the NST results first and he was totally fine with that.

When we left the doctor’s office, it was already 6.30 p.m. so we decided to go home instead of going back to our offices. We had dinner, hanged out a little bit and went to bed around 10 p.m. From 10 p.m. to midnight, I had a pretty uncomfortable, loose sleep due some tightening around my abdomen area. Since I am a first time mom with no practice contraction history during my pregnancy, I was having trouble to identify what I was feeling. I thought I was reacting to doctor’s internal examination since I had some bleeding afterwards. I decided to lay down on the couch in the living room instead of disturbing my husband’s sleep by constantly getting up and going to bathroom.

On the couch, with wishful thinking, I put my ipod on and start listening Birth Day Affirmations. I noticed that the tightening feeling was not going anywhere but I was able to drift into sleep in between waves and then noticing that I have drifted when a wave came. I was very comfortable and in disbelief that what I was feeling was my birthing time. Around 2.30 a.m., my husband woke up just to see what I was doing. I told him that I was having some  sensations but I didn’t think it was anything serious since the sensations were on my abdomen area and not on my back (silly thinking). He was concerned but I ensured him that everything was okay, he should go get some rest and we evaluate the “situation” in the morning. He did set up my laptop in front of me so I can listen my tracks on the computer and charge my ipod at the same time.

Shortly after he went back to bed, I decided that it might be the time to start listening Easy First Stage track because affirmations were not comforting me anymore. I was still drifting into sleep in between sensations because I was tired and all I wanted was to get some rest. Around 5.00 a.m., I noticed that laying down was not easing what I was feeling. Since I read many wonders of being in warm water, I started to fill the tub to see if the water would help me a little bit. I was still pretty comfortable, moving around and stuff but starting to believe more and more that I was in my birthing time with a long day in front of me. Water immediately helped to ease my feelings and actually I thought things were slowing down because I was pretty comfortable. I had Easy First Stage track playing loud in the bathroom so I was able to listen and focus in between waves and then focus on my breathing when waves were coming. I was chanting ‘open, open, open’. I spent two hours in the tub before decided that it was time to wake my husband up and ask for his help since I felt some pressure on my perineum with last couple of waves and was getting a little bit loud.

So around 7 a.m., I woke him up and asked him to start timing the waves. He apologized for sleeping when I was in labor and started timing them. We realized that they were 50 seconds to a minute long coming every 3 to 4 minutes. I knew that it was time to go to hospital as per textbook but I was still thinking that I could handle the waves and if we go to hospital I would find out that I was still in early stage. This thought quickly changed around 8 a.m. since with every wave I was getting louder and louder and not able to focus on my Hypnobabies scripts and cues… I told my husband that put all our bags and stuff to the car so we could head to the hospital. So we rushed out the door, jumped in the car and head to hospital. In five minutes ride, I had 3 waves and for the first time I believed that I was pretty close.

We gave the car to the valet since no way I would make to walk from parking garage to the hospital entrance. At this time, I started crying not because of what I was feeling but just got emotional about being in my birthing time and I was going to meet my baby. We came to L&D at 8.10 a.m. and as soon as they saw me, they just took us to a room and started the procedures. At this point, despite my all my long careful birth plan planning of what I want and don’t want, I didn’t care what they were doing and was focusing on myself and feelings.

The nurse checked me and told me that I was already 9 cm and they were going to doctor for him to come ASAP. I was just trying to answer some of the nurses questions and handling my waves. Laying down in the bed was just not comfortable. Doctor came, checked on me and he told me that he was going to change into his scrubs and be back. So around 9 a.m. I was complete and ready to push. With the first urge of push, I felt out of control for the first time and started screaming because I didn’t know how to handle what I was feeling which was intense pressure on my perineum. Doctor and nurse were just wonderful, they were encouraging me and telling me I was doing great and try to show me how to push. I was feeling embarrassed of being very loud and in between waves I was apologizing for being loud but at each try I was trying to do better and be more effective. They never told me when to push because my body was doing its own thing and they went with the flow.

After 20 minutes of pushing, Mina came out at 9.23 am, looking wonderful and beautiful. She weighed 8 pounds 11 ounces and measured 21 inches long. She is the best thing I have ever done in my life.

So everything went incredibly well. Unfortunately at the late stages of transformation, I lost my hypnosis focus and never got a chance to listen the Pushing Baby Out script. Also, I wish I practiced on how to push prior to birth because my body took over my mind and I felt like I lost my control.

Thank you everybody and good luck with your babies!!!


Pinar and Mina