Kristin’s Change of Plans Induction
“My husband was awesome at applying counter pressure and providing me with my Relax (Hypnobabies tool to deepen hypnosis) and Peace (Hypnobabies tool for instant physical comfort) cues. “
Hypnobabies® – Natural Childbirth at its best!
I went to the hospital on 5/7 for my scheduled induction as I was 41 weeks and my doctors didn’t want me going past this point. Ironically when I arrived, I began having pressure waves (Hypnobabies word for contractions) every 10 minutes which made me very excited. At 12 am they inserted Cervidil and decided to take it out at 12 pm the next day. At that point, I was at 2cm and 80% effaced. At 1230 they broke my waters and things progressed quickly.
My waves were consistent and coming every 5 minutes at this point with more intensity but I remained in hypnosis and listened to my Hypnobabies tracks/kept using my light switch (Hypnobabies technique to enter hypnosis) as needed with each wave. My husband was awesome at applying counter pressure and providing me with my Relax (Hypnobabies tool to deepen hypnosis) and Peace (Hypnobabies tool for instant physical comfort) cues.
Here’s where the Bubble of Peace (Hypnobabies tool to keep negativity away) may come in for some. A doctor I never met came in and told me I was going to get Pitocin as they didn’t plan on checking me again for a few more hours and they wanted to speed up the process since I was in for an induction. I began to panic and told him and the nurse I didn’t think Pitocin was necessary as I was having waves regularly and they were getting stronger.
The doctor didn’t agree with me and at this point, I lost my hypnosis and told said doctor I would likely need an epidural. Well, he never told my nurse, so at this point, I was giving in to my anxiety and really felt that I couldn’t continue without the epidural. Eventually, a doctor came to give one to me which took forever and was not done correctly ultimately as I still felt everything. When my OB came in to check me I was at 10 cm and now 100%, therefore Pitocin wasn’t necessary and I began to feel pushy.
Due to the epidural, I was confined to the bed at this point. Baby was dropping with each wave/push but would spring back after. This went on for almost an hour. My doc felt that baby may be too big and his heart rate was dropping a bit so he decided he wanted to do a C-section. I was devastated but trusted in my body and my baby and my doc decided we could give it one more try.
In just three more pushes my team green baby made his debut. The cord was around his neck which was why he was going back up after each wave. Even though my plans changed and I had to get the epidural, I still believe my Hypnobabies studies prepared me to be stronger and enabled me to birth through the induction process as long as I could. I believe that I would’ve been able to be med free if I didn’t let my anxiety get the best of me and if I wasn’t knocked out of my hypnosis. Thank you for the encouragement and support and for reading this.