1) You listen to your Hypnobabies *hypnosis* audio tracks and practice your *hypnosis* techniques that literally re-train your subconscious to produce easier and more comfortable birthing sensations, since the inner mind controls the body. For several months. Daily.
2) You *use* your new Hypnobabies *hypnosis* language daily, which proves that you *believe* in what you are doing to prepare for an easier, more comfortable birthing with *hypnosis*. This also *reinforces* all of your Hypnobabies *hypnosis* cues and techniques … every time you use the correct language. No reason not to!
3) You *use* your Hypnobabies hypno-tools during your Birthing Time by listening to your *hypnosis* *birthing* tracks, using your *hypnosis* cues and techniques inside your mind, or having your Birth Partner read you Hypnobabies Birth prompts that help keep you in *hypnosis* and comfortable. All of this “activates” (like using software) the re-training you did for months by listening and practicing *hypnosis*.
More: Mention childbirth to an expectant parent in the last trimester, and chances are good that their heart will begin to race, their mind floods with concern and in some cases, they panic. They know that the day is coming when a force much bigger than themselves will take over and their body will govern itself completely. For some people birth is a very fearful event, but for a Hypnobabies student, it is an eagerly anticipated challenge, because they are using medical-grade, somnambulistic hypnosis techniques to help eliminate discomfort and fear from the birthing experience. They learn “Eyes-Open Childbirth Hypnosis” which allows them to easily move around, change positions, walk and talk, and *remain in hypnosis and comfortable*during childbirth. They also benefit from the advanced Hypnobabies childbirth education curriculum and become experts in creating their own powerful birthing choices as well as new mom and baby care and using hypnosis for postpartum issues.
In the past, the word “hypnosis” conjured up images of stage hypnotists re-creating Elvis, or memories of having seen people mesmerized into embarrassing situations. Today it’s becoming more and more common for hypnosis to be used therapeutically in the areas of medicine, dental and surgical anesthesia and personal therapy sessions. Even so, there are many misconceptions regarding hypnosis that can dissuade those contemplating this powerful tool.
Here are a few FACTS:
- All hypnosis is self-hypnosis; the hypnotherapist is only a guide. A person chooses to enter into a hypnotic state, remain in hypnosis and come out of hypnosis at will.
- Approximately 90-95% of the population can be hypnotized. Willingness, belief and motivation have great influence over hypnotizability.
- During hypnosis you are neither asleep nor unconscious, and will always “come out” whenever you wish. You are always in complete control.
- Stronger-minded and stronger-willed people are easier to hypnotize; not the other way around as is usually assumed.
- You cannot be made to divulge information or do anything against your will while in hypnosis.
- Hypnosis is not Satanic or religion-oriented at all, just a way to direct your inner mind toward the positive for great personal benefit.
- We are all in states of hypnosis many times a day already; when we are reading, watching a screen of any kind, daydreaming, falling asleep or waking up, etc.!
What about Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis?
When learning how to use Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis, our students are also taught that the uterine muscles will work efficiently together, as they were designed to, when the body is completely relaxed. The depth of relaxation necessary is achieved with hypnosis so expectant students learn these skills in their Hypnobabies class/course, and practice them every day until their baby arrives. These relaxation skills are “built in” and combined with deep, somnambulistic hypnosis techniques, go light-years beyond “deep relaxation”. That’s why so many natural childbirth students are now choosing Hypnobabies!
Important: Comfort in childbirth depends on much more than deep relaxation, so in Hypnobabies, a complete hypnosis for childbirth program, students learn and practice the most in-depth hypnotic anesthesia techniques that exist. These make a huge difference in creating your truly comfortable birthing experience, and are easily learned, practiced, and used (as directed) during childbirth.
The Birth Partner plays a very integral role in the preparation process: by reading the written materials in Hypnobabies, listening to some of the hypnosis tracks, and guiding their partner into a deeply hypnotic state with hypnosis scripts for some of their Hypnobabies practice (if you want them to). Birth Partners are also taught in Hypnobabies to be an invaluable part of the birthing process as they help their pregnant partner to focus and concentrate on their hypnosis, as well as supporting them physically with the birthing comfort techniques they learned in Hypnobabies.
Single Moms: Those without partners can easily learn, practice and use Hypnobabies on their own since our course was designed that way. All aspects of childbirth are covered in Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis, as well as information on Nutrition, Exercise, Avoiding Complications and “Back Labor”, Fear Clearing Sessions, Birth Plans, Consumer Issues and Postpartum Preparation, Newborn Care and Breastfeeding, as well as much more. Many single mothers or students whose partners opt not to participate in their Hypnobabies course, practice and hypnosis during birthing have had wonderful Hypnobabies births!
Fear and Expectation ~
In other cultures, childbirth is regarded as a natural, normal event in a person’s life. The birthing people are given support from others, and children are often present to witness the event. In this way, birth is celebrated and honored. Young people then grow up with the belief system that birth is a positive event and their expectations of childbirth reflect this attitude. As a result, their births are similar to their predecessors; without pain and fear. They have a positive expectation of childbirth.
In our culture, it is very much the opposite. For many generations we have been told that giving birth to a baby will be untold hours of painfully agonizing work, to be faced with fear and trepidation. We have heard stories from well-meaning friends and family that send shivers up our spines, and so the legacy continues. We experience discomfort in childbirth, in part because we very much expect to! The inner mind tends to create what we focus on most, and when we *expect* childbirth to be any particular way, it will tend to help create *that*. You can help your own subconscious mind work *for* you to create a more positive experience by learning Hypnobabies, since everything in our course focuses on what you *want* – an easier and more comfortable birthing!
In Hypnobabies, you are taught to surround yourself with positive people and messages during your pregnancy, to create a positive, encouraging, fear-free view of childbirth and the expectation that your birthing with be a beautiful, peaceful experience. Hypnobabies “Fear Clearing” hypnosis sessions and “Mindful Connection” practice are integral to this process, since they allow you to address fears, work through possible solutions and then release them. Your daily Joyful Pregnancy Affirmations track assists you as well, as does listening to your many Hypnobabies hypnosis tracks, which “re-train” your mind from the inside out to perceive childbirth in a positive way, alter the way it creates physical sensations in the body, and creates a blueprint for a much easier and more comfortable birthing!
Fear during childbirth can create tension, which creates pain, then more fear, and the cycle continues. Fear and anxiety can also create adrenaline production in the body, causing the labor to become dysfunctional, a common reason for Cesarean Section surgery. Freedom from fear can make a significant difference in the birthing experience. That is why our Hypnobabies Fear Clearing sessions are so valuable and our students love them so much.
By learning and practicing Hypnobabies’ deep, somnambulistic hypnosis, you are able to enter self-hypnosis instantly and create your own natural Hypno-anesthesia whenever you need it, and mentally direct it to the parts of your body that need it most. This is important since any drugs taken by a birthing person can be dangerous for them, and their baby, which is why so many more pregnant people are choosing natural (unmedicated) childbirth now. Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis helps you to remain in control over your body’s reactions (easier birthing sensations), your emotions (confidence and calm instead of fear and doubt), and you are a very active participant in the comfort of your own birth process!
You are always aware of everything around you, and as your birthing progresses, you’ll flow deeper inside yourself, trusting in your body’s natural ability to give birth in a and easier and more comfortable way. Your mind is trained and primed to give you what you need as you give birth to your baby.
Too good to be true?
Can people actually give birth without drugs or medications in a very comfortable way, perhaps without experiencing as much discomfort? Many birthing people can, and it is important to understand that there are quite a few variables in childbirth that can affect the outcome! Couples need to have a positive but realistic view of Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis; these medical-grade, somnambulistic hypnosis techniques need to be practiced daily and taken seriously if they really desire a much easier birthing, just like any other adult education course/class. The effort you put in and the attitude you adopt for success will determine how your “final exam” turns out!
Each person must take responsibility for the choices they make during pregnancy and childbirth and how they can affect the dynamics and outcome. Many a wonderful birth has been thwarted by not realizing how to make positive, informed choices and yet these issues are easily addressed and learned in a good consumer-oriented childbirth hypnosis class such as Hypnobabies.
Without a doubt, all of our Hypnobabies students are much calmer and more relaxed during their pregnancies and births, which automatically creates more physical comfort, as well as having *powerful* post-hypnotic Hypno-anesthesia techniques to actually lessen to a great degree pain and fear. When people feel supported and nurtured during their birth preparation, their satisfaction with childbirth is greatly enhanced, and Hypnobabies provides this in our curriculum as well as our online Hypnobabies Support group.
Live, in-person Hypnobabies Classes: Our Hypnobabies Classes are small groups for personal attention, and our instructors have all been trained in hypnosis as well as childbirth education, so they are able to address each person’s personal needs to help them achieve their goals for childbirth. Our goal at Hypnobabies is to help all of our students have a much easier and more comfortable childbirth experience. Most of our natural childbirth students do indeed enjoy these benefits, and many of those who originally planned on having some labor medication actually surprise themselves by having a natural birth by practicing and using Hypnobabies!
How effective is this?
Statistics: The following are statistics for Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis only:
(based on our very successful 6 week course, and 18-21 total hours of instruction)
1) Very Comfortable births – 70-75%. Women who report that they felt mostly pressure, tightening or mild cramping sensations.
2) Comfortable until transition – 15%. Pressure only, until the 10-60 minute transitional period, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter. “Very manageable.”
3) Comfortable until active labor – 10%, with mild to intense degrees of sensation thereafter This group can have any number of things that affect their birth experiences; prodromal labor, posterior or asynclitic presentations that do not resolve, other labor complications, emotional issues, lack of support, or they simply did not do their Hypno-homework! Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis won’t help a student/couple that is not willing to do the track-listening, reading/practice involved in preparing for their baby’s birth. Just like adding new software to a computer, it needs to be “installed” and then used *correctly* or it will not work properly when needed!
Benefits of Using Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis:
- Many students use fewer drugs or no drugs, which means less risk of side effects for you and your baby, due to elimination of the
- Fear/Tension/Pain Syndrome, and by learning, practicing and using post-hypnotic suggestions.
- Most Hypnobabies students have shorter births since there is less resistance of the birthing muscles when pain and fear are minimized or eliminated.
- Hypnobabies students generally have much more energy throughout first and second stage, due to experiencing easier birthing waves and deep relaxation throughout the birthing process.
- The birthing environment is much more calm and peaceful when you, the natural childbirth mother are comfortable, relaxed and confident.
- Breech and posterior babies can sometimes be turned using hypnosis!
- Blood pressure, heart rate, and temperature can be lowered and nausea, back and hip pain eliminated with hypnosis during pregnancy and birthing.
- There are fewer interventions for failure to progress and therefore fewer complications during birthing for our students and their babies.
- As a Hypnobabies student, you are easily “deprogrammed” from the usual negativity of childbirth stories and scenarios you may have heard or read, during Hypnobabies hypnosis tracks and materials which have hundreds of positive messages and post-hypnotic suggestions.
- This automatically allows you to have a much more positive attitude and confidence in birthing. It is truly a gift that you are giving yourself, an amazingly easy way to enjoy your pregnancy more and actually look forward to your baby’s birth.
It is well worth the time to look into Hypnobabies as a wonderful birthing option, both for yourself and for your baby. Natural Childbirth without intense discomfort has many benefits , and Hypnobabies has even helped many a nervous birth partner to enjoy pregnancy and childbirth, since they experience hypnosis in Hypnobabies class as well!
In addition, the skills you learn for relaxation and hypnosis will benefit you both for the rest of your lives. Find a Hypnobabies Class near you.
Learn about our Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers.