I loved that a lot of Hypnobabies Moms chimed in. Here were some of their comments.
55. Stella Bella Says: February 2nd, 2010 at 6:33 pm Sounds like she did Hypnobabies. I did that and it was the best $150 I ever spent IN MY LIFE. It really changed how I approach life in the best way and I’m pretty sure it saved me from having to have a c-section (not the worst fate on earth, but something that I wanted to avoid for my first delivery). I wish celebrities would explain HOW they had such a marvelous birth experience instead of just acting like they are Mother Earth naturally…
62. enjoybirth Says: February 2nd, 2010 at 6:58 pm
I used Hypnobabies with my last birth and it was comfortable.
Some dentists use hypnosis so people getting dental surgery done don’t need anesthesia, so of course it would work for birth!
The mind is a powerful thing.
126. Bronwyn Says: February 3rd, 2010 at 1:05 pm
I am so happy to hear Gisele is sharing the secret of waterbirth and hypnosis for childbirth. My experiece with waterbirth was very similar. The combination of waterbirth and hypnosis gave our family an amazing painfree experience as well. Thanks for sharing the truth about what birth can be with the right tools and skills.
132. Sarah Says: February 3rd, 2010 at 3:09 pm
Whether I like Gisele or not doesn’t matter…. With my first, I had Pitocin, and at 4cm, I thought I was dying and got an epidural. With my second, I did Hynobabies, had my baby at home in a birth tub, with NO PAIN whatsoever. Yes, childbirth CAN be painful, but it doesn’t HAVE to be painful.
Deal with it!
155. Sarah Says: February 3rd, 2010 at 9:37 pm
Birth really wasn’t “painful” for me. There was a lot of pressure, but no pushing at all. After 1.5 of labor helped by Hypnobabies, my little one arrived. I did my research and knew how to handle all that labor was about.
I’m so thankful that Gisele had a water birth at home and is now sharing her story. Perhaps others will do their research and learn how wonderful and pleasant birth can be!
156. Tamara Says: February 4th, 2010 at 1:40 am
Bravo for Gisele and such a beautiful birth of her baby boy – what a precious gift!
I had homebirth/waterbirth with the help of Hypnobabies and it was amazing!
Before the actual birth day, I really tried to imagine my perfect birth to the smallest detail. Also, I did a lot of research about hypnosis for surgeries and dental procedures (for people who are allergic to anesthesia) and I remember reading about Queen Fabiola (of Sweden) and surgery of thyriod gland that she had under hypnosis only!!! I was amazed, read a lot more and finally found Hypnobabies – I practiced daily and I can honestly say that my birth was pain-free! My midwife was amazed, she did not believe I was giving birth that night (and I was already 6 centimeteres open), since I was so calm and “in the zone”.
I am not trying to persuade anyone (and I would not gain anything from making up stories) but my experience might be valuable to a woman out there, trying to have her perfect birth.