2nd Time Hypno-Mom Rachels Hypnobabies Birth Center Waterbirth

Hypno-mom Rachel in bed with newborn baby and rest of her family.

2nd Time Hypno-Mom Rachel’s Hypnobabies Birth Center Waterbirth

“I got into the tub at 12:30 am. Each wave my husband would apply pressure to my shoulders (he was sitting behind me outside of the tub) and I would say Peace (Hypnobabies word for instant physical comfort and directing hypno-anesthesia). I was able to direct my hypno-anesthesia to my cervix while visualizing baby coming down and out.”

Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis really does help you enjoy a much easier and more comfortable birthing! Use code hypno1528 for 10% off our Hypnobabies Home Study Courses.

This is my second hypno-baby. My first, Zayden, was born at home in the garage in my car. 😂😅😏 So ultimately with this baby, we definitely wanted to make it to the birthing center.

I start having practice waves (Hypnobabies word for Braxton Hicks) around 15 weeks and with this hypno-baby, it started around 12 weeks – so waves were no thing to me. I was having them more consistently but since they weren’t growing stronger and closer together, I accepted them and appreciated the practice (so mental).


🅞🅒🅣🅞🅑🅔🅡 2, 2019

𝖲𝖺𝖻𝖻𝖺𝗍𝗁 – this means I had the entire day to disconnect from the world and connect with God and my family and REST. I was 38 weeks pregnant. My husband, Brion, and I started the day boxing with our trainer. I felt good! I would pause when waves (Hypnobabies word for contraction) came and smile through them and get right back into it. After leaving we headed home. I freshened up and grabbed a bite to eat then headed to pamper myself. First up was a prenatal massage – best massage ever. I slept the entire time. Immediately following I headed to my chiropractor. I got adjusted and then for acupuncture while listening to my “Come Out Baby” track (Hypnobabies track to encourage baby to be born). My waves were the same, moderately strong, throughout the entire day.

Later that evening my waves picked up in strength enough for my husband to call and just touch base with the midwife on duty. She told us to see how it goes over the next hour and then call her back. I decided to try and go to sleep and I succeeded.

🅣🅗🅔 🅝🅔🅧🅣 🅓🅐🅨 (October 3, 2019)

I woke up still having waves on and off as normal. My appt with my midwife was at 11 am so I would discuss a plan with her. Maria and I discussed that baby was having trouble getting over my pubic bone (because baby was sunny side up) to get the heck out of there 😂😂 so she gave us some exercises and Nurse Michelle even did a few to encourage baby to reengage in my pelvis. Because I was having consistent moderate waves they asked if I wanted to be checked – normally I’d say no, but I was curious to see. I, of course, utilized my Bubble of Peace (Hypnobabies tool to keep negativity away) the entire time. I had made up in my mind that no matter the verdict all was well. I was at a 1. They encouraged me to maybe walk a bit and hang with the family and then come back later and see if the waves progressed things along. I decided to grab Chipotle and go home because Brion had a basketball meeting.

I had a meeting scheduled in my home later that day and decided to cancel it so I could focus on baby. Around 4 pm my waves were stronger. I decided to get in the bath to see what happened and encourage the waves to increase. My toddler decided he wanted to join me and entertain me. I texted my husband and told him that when he gets home we should probably go into the center. The waves were now strong enough to where I wanted to listen to my hypnosis tracks and lay down.

Around 6 pm my husband was home and calling the midwife on duty to let her know what’s going on. I was downstairs listening to “Deepening Your Hypnosis” (Hypnobabies track to deepen the level of hypnosis) while my teenager laid next to me watching Mary Poppins. The goal was to stay at home as long as we could but not have a baby at home again 😅😂. I was Group B Strep positive so I needed to come in soon enough to get the antibiotics. At our 8 pm call to the midwife (my husband did all the communicating with anyone. This was an important part of our birthing plan so I could stay focused), I told my husband I was tired and I was – the last two nights I hadn’t slept in the bed due to discomfort. She suggested I try and rest. I went and laid down and restarted the Deepening track. Normally when I listen to this track uninterrupted I am knocked out by the end. 😂😂 When I was alert at the end of the track I know we probably should go in. We called her back at 9 pm and she told us to come on in so we could check things out.

The Birthing Center was an hour away from our home. I listened to “Easy First Stage” (Hypnobabies’ main birthing time track) during the ride. It was a peaceful ride. We arrived at 10:15 pm. My husband called to let her know we were outside and coming in. There was no rush we got the stroller out of the back to put our toddler in – he was wide awake LOL. 😅🤣 Our teenager was with us as well. This was important to me. I wanted our boys to be present at our birth.

We came into the clinic part of the birthing center and the midwife took me in the back to check me. I was at a 3 & his head wasn’t engaged in my pelvis at all. She said it was clear that baby was struggling to get under my pubic bone. Again, normally I would not want to know this but I was in such a good place mentally and my Bubble of Peace was really strong. We came back into the waiting area to discuss what we should do from here. Because I needed to get the Antibiotic and also the nature of my first Hypno-baby story 🚘😅 LOL she suggested that we either walk around or start the antibiotics and do Abdominal lifts to help baby get over my pubic bone. We chose the latter.

At about 11 pm I went into my room of choice (😜 Summer) and grabbed one of the medicine balls to sit on near the wall and started to do abdominal lifts myself every single time a wave came. The nurse came in and started the antibiotics. My husband put our toddler to sleep. at this point, he still didn’t believe that we were having a baby. He didn’t even bring my bag in 🙃😂🤣😂 by the time the antibiotic was done, I had done around 6 lifts. I no longer wanted to do lifts lol it was uncomfortable. I laid down with my toddler who was asleep on the bed and asked my husband to get my bag from the car. I wanted to get in the tub. He came back about 15 min later and the waves were strong. Strong enough to where I wanted to stand. He applied pressure to my shoulders giving me the Relax cue (Hypnobabies cue to deepen hypnosis). The cue allowed me to fully relax my body. (Sidebar: I love eyes open hypnosis! it is the bomb and it really works LOL) between a wave my husband got the nurse to fill up the tub.

I got into the tub at 12:30 am. Each wave my husband would apply pressure to my shoulders (he was sitting behind me outside of the tub) and I would say Peace (Hypnobabies word for instant physical comfort and directing hypno-anesthesia). I was able to direct my hypno-anesthesia to my cervix while visualizing baby coming down and out. At 12:38 am my water broke. The midwife asked to check me and I declined. By 1 am my waves prompted my body to push at 135 am my baby was here!!! It was a boy!!! Didn’t find out it was a boy until we got out of the tub because my husband was “getting himself together” lol he’s so dramatic but was the best birth partner ever.

So, we went from calm to baby in 2.5 hours lol

Don’t underestimate the power of preparation, trust, and peace. I prepared by prioritizing my Hypnobabies affirmations and practice. I trusted that my body knew exactly what to do to get my baby here. I maintained a peaceful environment no matter the situation or circumstance.